If you post a comment on this blog, it’s OK if you don’t document it in a post on yours. I have it here, and I can count comments in my WP dashboard.
It’s very important that you do document comments you post on other blogs.
Here are step by step instructions:
- Create a new blog post, categorize it as Comment.
- The text of the blog post can be:
Note the use of linking:
- The word “comment” is linked to the comment’s permalink. You can access it by clicking the date next to a comment. Not all WP themes have this feature, for example on my blog comments don’t have permalinks, but Alyssa‘s do.
- The name of the author (or the title of the blog) links to the blog’s URL
- The title of the post links to the post’s permalink
- The date is the date when you posted the comment
If you forgot the terms blog URL & permalink, please revisit these tutorials.
If you still don’t know how to insert a link, revisit this tutorial – please try to learn how to link by seeing my examples. No URL’s in my posts, just links from text.
If you have examples from your own blog and/or questions, please post them in the comments section below.