Anybody who’s somebody and/or would like to be somebody or just IS in PR blogs. There are lots of PR blogs out there. How do you find them and choose what to READ?
Here are some starting points:
- This post lists the finalists in the PR Week blog competition. These are some of the most poular & appreciated PR blogs. All of them worth reading.
- When you come across a blog you like, check out the blogroll – it’ll lead you to other blogs you might enjoy reading. For example, see the blogroll on PR Connections
- If you want more, see this comprehensive list of PR blogs, maintained by Constantin Basturea
Reading is not enough. You should also RESPOND, in comments or your own blog posts.
Here are some excellent tips on how to comment and how to invite comments on your posts, from UGA PR professor Karen Russell.
You’re reading blogs and responding, but how do you build your own online reputation? By WRITING your own blog. How? Chris Brogan wrote a number of excellent tips for better blogging, collected here. I also highly recommend the book Naked Conversations – it will teach you a lot about good blogging.
WHY? Besides the reasons mentioned in class, see:
- this story of someone getting a job because he read a blog
- this story of how listening and responding to a podcast helped this person connect with his employer, Joseph Jaffe of crayon, author of Join the Conversation.