I was just about to write a post about how to plan and write a successful blog for class, when I realized… it’s already in the syllabus!
I’m pasting below the relevant part from the syllabus, in an attempt to direct your attention to it.
Comment on this post within 10 hours (ask a question, or somehow indicate you’ve read the post) to be entered in a drawing for a small prize.
- notes on readings – YOUR takeaways – What are the 3-5 points that are important to YOU? What did YOU take away from the reading? What did it mean to YOU? How is it relevant to YOU? What questions & critiques do you have?
- notes on social media tools – identify, write about, and review social media tools you come across.
2. Elective topic blog posts:
- Ideas, thoughts, opinions, commentary on anything you see/read/hear that is or can be related to class and/or your work. For example, you may view the videos I posted on the Ning network, and write your thoughts about them. Or you can post your thoughts/opinions about something that was discussed in class, something that happened, etc. You can post videos, photos, etc.
- Some mix of personal or humorous posts ad spice to your blog and show your humanity and complexity. Just keep it work-appropriate 🙂
- Questions, fears, unfinished ideas – blogs are most interesting when they document your thinking process rather than when they show a finished, polished “final paper.”
Keep the writing simple, concise, clear, and grammatically correct. Remember, this is (part of) your online resume.