April 26, in class
Graded out of 2 points
Please follow this structure for your presentation:
- Briefly explain the topic and its relevance (.33)
- State the purpose of your research and your research question (.33)
- Present your most important results (1 point)
- Discuss the importance and relevance of your results – what contribution to they make to what field? Who should care about them and why? (.33)
To receive all the points for one section, make sure the content is communicated clearly and effectively.
Please make sure that:
- The content on your slides is LARGE and visible
- You do not cram too much text on one slide
Each student has about 6 minutes for the presentation. Please be very mindful of this time limit.
[UPDATE:] Please prepare your slides so that they tell your story even if you are not there to narrate it. Provide carefully-selected text on them. Submit them on Blackboard. I will post them on slideshare or otherwise share them with Radian 6. I want them to see what interesting work you’ve done with their software.
Final Project grading reminder:
Literature review – 5 points
Research plan – 3 points
Draft – 3 points
Presentation – 2 points
Final project – 10 points
Total: 25 points