We spent class taking a close look at the readings – an exercise that, I heard on Twitter, some students found very helpful. Is that so? Please let me know how it worked for you.
Please try to remember:
- the definition of self-organizing
- classifications and patterns about online collective action
- the organizing power of a hashtag
- methods for studying online self-organizing using social media data
- implications of self-organizing for shifting power relations in society
What are your specific takeaways from class?