This post explains the requirements for you article analysis assignment.
You will choose, read, analyze, and blog about 4 academic journal articles in the areas of interface usability and/or human-computer interaction.
- Choose – I wrote a different blog post that will help you choose your 4 articles.
- Read – self explanatory, but if you’re not used to reading academic research, this blog post about how to read a research article might be helpful.
- Analyze & Blog – here’s how I suggest you structure you blog post:
- What was the goal of the research? What were the authors trying to accomplish? What were the research questions? (1-2 sentences)
- Methods: How did the authors go about answering the questions? What did they do? What were the primary methods they used? (1-2 sentences)
- Findings: What were the major findings of the article? (1-3 sentences)
- Your comments on the value, appropriateness, and/or applicability of any of the parts above.
- Any further or unanswered questions
- Any questions that may stimulate discussion (remember your classmates will comment on your post)
- Do remember to tag and categorize your post with “AA” and/or “Article Analysis” – and to begin the title with AA# (# being the number of the AA you’re writing, out of 4).
As I evaluate your article analyses, I will look for the 6 points above. Together, the 4 article analyses are worth 20 points, or 20% of your course grade. This is how the 20 points are distributed:
AA1 – 3 points
AA2 – 5 points
AA3 – 6 points
AA 4- 6 points
Please remember the dates you set for yourself – you can find them in this calendar.
Questions? Please post them in the comments below.