Following class discussion, here is the plan for the remaining 5 weeks of class:
- April 5 – Internet culture. Please figure out the order and length of presentations, so that class flows well. Discuss on Jack’s blog. Presentations will be graded out of 4 points. Details below.
- April 12 – The Dark Side. This will be another crowd-sourced class. Use this Google Doc to plan it. Graded out of 3 points.
- April 19 – Wild cards. We’ll discuss interesting readings that didn’t fit in anywhere else in the class. Have a suggestion? Email it to me. The final project draft is due then.
- April 26 – Final project presentations. Graded out of 2 points, coming out of your final project points. Details in a separate post about your final project.
Grading criteria for presentations:
- Presentation is informative and well-informed. It is based on research and sources (even if not scholarly), not purely on personal opinion and personal observation. It mentions and cites sources appropriately.
- Presentation is thought-provoking. It raises questions and issues above the obvious and stimulates the audience to think about presentation topic.
- Presentation is entertaining and pleasant. The use of visual aids, and the presentation style are smooth, pleasant, and entertaining. Let’s not bore each other to death. Perform a bit.
Questions? Please ask Dr. V in the comments below.